Step 1Step 2
Since it is a side plank, so get on your sides. Lie on your right side in a straight line from your head all the way down to your feet. Rest on your forearms and your elbow should be directly underneath your shoulder.
Now gently contract your abdominal muscles and then lift your hips off the floor by maintaining nice straight body alignment. Keep your hips straight and your neck in line with your spine. Hold for 20 to 40 seconds, lower it down and finally return to the starting position.
- Side plank is a great exercise for your abdominal obliques and the whole core.
- Does not need any special equipment except a mat.
- Try not to let your hips shut down during the move.
- To increase the intensity, simply challenge about an attempt to take your one leg up and hold while maintaining the perfect alignment.
- Make sure to hold your elbow perpendicular to the ground i.e. not with your elbow directly beneath your shoulder.
- Perform 15 to 20 reps each side. And go for 2 to 3 sets.
- Do not put unnecessary stress on your shoulder and neck.
- Do not load the weight of your body on your shoulder and arm.
- Do not rush and squeeze sides.