Step 1Step 2
Stand up straight with your feet hip-with apart, shoulder relaxed and a barbell in your hand. The barbell has to be placed on trapezius of the back just like we do back squat. When the bar is lift up, take a good stomach breath again.
Position your one leg forward with knee bent so that it is at a 90 degree angle with the floor and keep your foot flat on the floor while other leg is held behind. Your weight should be held on your front heel. Perform with alternate each leg.
- Barbell Lunge are great for strengthening and building several muscle groups.
- Main muscles targeted
- quadriceps(or thighs)
- Other muscles
- gluteus maximus (or buttocks)
- Optional Equipment you may need
- Water bottle
- Barbell Lunge is a variation for lunge exercise.
- To make this exercise more challenging you can hold heavier weight/dumbbell in your hands.
- The advantage of Lung are to increase strength and flexibility in your calves, lower back, gluts, abs and hips.
- Lung exercise can also be performed without lifting weight in your hand.
- Do not perform lung exercise, if you have weak knees or having any short of injury in your knees.
- Potential injuries to the knees, may be incurred if performed incorrectly.
- Avoid if you have balance problems.
- Never perform with barbell on your back.