Step 1Step 2
Jump on the box by placing both feet at once.
Similarly jump back to ground by placing both feet at once.
- Box jump is a plyometric exercises, which lies at the very top of the cross fit exercise in order to develop explosive power quickly for your health.
- For explosive power, perform box jumps at very challenging height.
- Main Muscles targeted
- Butt/Hips, Legs - Calves and Shins, Legs - Thighs
- Equipment needed
- Raised Platform/Box
- Box jump exercise is very good choice for those looking to be competitive in the sport of CrossFit.
- In order to improve your box-jump efficiency , try to prepare your joints and tissues properly and then use solid positioning during reps.
- The box or raised platform should be placed 6-12’’ on the floor 3-6’’ in front of your feet on a non-slip surface.
- Before you jump, keep your head directly facing to the box and shift your arms where you feel the greatest degree of balance support.
- While landing down from the box, do not lock out your knees on your landing.
- Do not directly attempt for Box jump. First learn how to squat and perform regular squat jumps.
- Do it carefully to avoid injury while jumping on the box.