Step 1Step 2Step 3Step 4
Hold a false grip and hang from it.
Pull yourself up so that rings comes to your chest.
Roll your chest over the bottom of the rings.
Finally, press your hands down so that your body held to upwards (the dip).
- Muscle-up is one of the most effective exercise that takes a ton of strength in order to build upper body strength.
- Pull the body until the chin clears the bar or above the rings. And complete it by lowering your body until shoulder and arms are completely extended.
- Muscle-up exercises can also be performed by hanging on the pull bar bar with the thumbs on the top of the bar.
- Muscles targeted
- Other Muscles
- Abdominals, Biceps, Forearms, Middle Back, Shoulders, Traps, Triceps
- To make Muscle-upexercise challenging, add weight using dipping belt or either hold the dumbbell with your feet.
- Try to keep the rings closer to your body as possible.
- Catch the ring with false grip (thumbs on the top) and tighten your gut.
- The closer the rings with your body the easier the muscle-up
- Do not perform Muscle-up exercise if you are just a beginner of cross fit exercise or if you have less confidence. Since, Muscle-up is one of the most advance movements in CrossFit, but also it is the most rewarding exercise.
- Do not go directly to advance Muscle-up, first be comfortable with the standard Muscle-up(without holding any weight)
- Do not allow your body to rotate –keep your legs stationary during the movement.