Decline Dumbbell Bench Press
Step 1Step 2
Lie down on a bench with your feet under the leg brace. Hold the dumbbells to sides of chest by bending your arm properly. This will be your starting position.
Push the dumbbells up so that your arms are directly over your shoulders with your palms facing away from your face. Continue up till slight stretch is felt in the chest or shoulder. Repeat for required amount of repetitions.
- Decline dumbbell presses essentially helps to build definition in the lower portion of pectoral chest muscle.
- Holding dumbbells is more better then barbell because it provides you a greater motion and speed up your visible results.
- Other Info
- Exercise Type: Strength
- Main muscles targeted: Chest
- Secondary muscles: Shoulders, Triceps
- Equipment: Dumbbell
- Level: Beginner.
- To get maximum benefit, flex your triceps as hard as you can when you reach the top while lifting the dumbbells.
- Remember to breathe out as you push the dumbbells.
- Position your forearm perpendicular to the floor throughout the exercise.
- For heavy weights, it is recommended that your partner gives you the weights after you lay down.
- Do not rotate your thumbs in or out. This could cause unnecessary stress.
- Do not use excessive range of motion as this could put too much torque on your shoulder muscles.
- Do not drop the dumbbells next to you after you finish.