Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Step 1Step 2
Grab two dumbbells with seat totally upright position so that your feet completely planted on the ground. Pick those two dumbbells up and keep your back against the pad and make neutral spine.
Keep your elbows in line with your hips, breath up and push those two dumbbells straight up. When coming down, you will come down with your elbows by lying with your hips. Do not put pressure on the "biceps joint" while moving the dumbbells down.
- For beginner, you can perform Dumbbell shoulder press by sitting in a bench which has back support. Be caution while performing Dumbbell shoulder press, if you have problems in your lower back, elbows and neck.
- For advance, you can perform Dumbbell shoulder press in standing position by carry heavy dumbbells.
- Main Muscles targeted:
- anterior and middle deltoids(shoulder muscles)
- upper trapezius(upper back muscles)
- Secondary Muscles:
- Keep your abdominal tight throughout the exercise.
- Breathe up just before lifting the dumbbells up.
- Lift both dumbbells at once.
- Do not allow the spine to arch.
- Do not make effort to bend your wrists.
- Do not put all pressure on the "biceps joint" while moving the dumbbells down. You have to just come down with your elbows by lying it on the hips.