Step 1Step 2
Lie down on the floor and keep your legs extended towards the ceiling. And put your arms to the side of your torso. Keep a distance between your chin and chest.
Slowly raise your legs towards the ceiling so that your thighs are perpendicular to the floor. And your arms should lie in the same position (to the side of torso) for the entire exercise.
While inhaling, lift your legs up towards your torso, pull your hips up off from the ceiling. Finally, your both knees should touch your chest.
- Reverse crunches give strength to your front Abdominals muscle, this is an isolation mechanics type exercise for the beginner.
- Once your knees reach to the chest, just wait for two seconds and inhaling slowly move your legs back to the ceiling.
- Instead of bending your legs you may lift your legs straight to advance in this exercise.
- Main muscles targeted:
- Front abdominal or rectus abdominis
- Additional muscles
- Internal and external oblique's
- The main advantage of this exercise is flexibility and increase strength in your lower abdominal muscles.
- To feel comfortable you can use mat or yoga carpet.
- You can keep a spotter for your help.
- Perform 15-20 repetitions per set. Do the same until you’ve completed 3-5 sets.
- Do not perform this exercise incorrectly, back injury may occur.
- Do not raise your legs quickly.
- Do not drink more water while/before performing this exercise, you may feel pain in your stomach.