Barbell Bench Press
Step 1Step 2
Lie with face upward on flat bench. Grasp the barbell with your hands shoulder-width apart. Pick the bar from the rack and hold it straight over you. This will be your initial position.
Breathe in and begin coming down slowly until the bar reaches your middle chest. After a brief pause, push the bar back breathing out. Repeat the movement for the required amount of repetitions.
- Exercise Type: Strength
- Main muscles targeted: Chest
- Secondary Muscles: Shoulders, Triceps
- Equipment: Barbell
- Level: Beginner
- You can use a spotter for your help.
- Keep your back flat and straight and take control of your weight
- People having a joint problem are not recommended to perform Barbell Bench press
- Locking your elbows and bending your curl wrist may lead to joint damage.
- Do not lift your head off the bench. This could lead to neck strains and also could be dangerous.