Step 1Step 2
You will need a pair of parallel bars for Chest Dips exercise. Hold your body at arm’s length above the bars with knees slightly bent. Chest Dips will be your starting position
Lower your body with torso slightly, lean forward while you breathe in and allow your elbows to flare out to sides until you feel a slight stretch in the chest. Bring back your body using your chest to the starting position.
- The chest dip is great mass builder exercise for chest, shoulders, and triceps.
- There are few variations associated with dips. Usually, dips are performed on a dip bar but using dip machine is also recommended as one of the best ways to strengthen your upper body.
- Basic Info
- Exercise Type: Strength
- Main muscles targeted: Chest
- Secondary muscles: Shoulders, Triceps
- Equipment: Other
- Level: Intermediate
- You can add weight on a dip belt or place a dumbbell between ankles to make it harder and challenging.
- Getting some assistance from a training partner or from machine helps to decrease difficulty.
- If you find it too difficult to do, use a dip machine if available otherwise a spotter for holding your legs.
- Remember to lean your torso a bit forward making an acute angle.
- Do not lock out your elbows
- Do not dip down too much. Dumbbell Bench press could lead unnecessary strain on the shoulder joint.
- Do not bend your head. Try keeping your neck and head in same straight position.