Step 1Step 2
Lie on a flat bench. Hold a dumbbell on each hand with your palms facing each other. Lower the arms to the sides keeping the elbows slightly bent in the same level as your chest.
Bring the dumbbells together above your chest as they are nearby. Repeat for the recommended number of reputations.
- Dumbbell fly exercise helps to raise the levels of physiological or nervous activity in pectoral muscles in the chest.
- You can choose different bench based on areas of pectorals where you wish to stimulate. Benches like an inclined bench or flat bench
- Choosing incline bench helps you to stimulate the upper pectoral muscles, whereas choosing decline bench helps you to stimulate the lower pectorals.
- Basic Info
- Exercise Type: Strength
- Main muscles targeted: Chest
- Equipment: Dumbbell
- Level: Beginner
- Keep your elbows slightly bent and bring the dumbbells back together.
- Lower the dumbbells to the side until your elbows are level with your shoulders.
- It is recommended to take a short break while performing this exercise.
- Use a full range of motion.
- Try not to allow the dumbbells to come too close to the body, maintain some space between your body and the dumbbells.
- Don’t let the dumbbells touch at the top of the exercise.