Standing Calf Raise
Step 1Step 2
Stand on the balls of your feet. Most of your weight should be on your big toe. Now drop the heel all the way down as far as you can, then come up as high as you can on the toes, at the same time, the ball of your feet should squeeze those calves.
Again drop the heel all the way down, take little nice stretch then come up and squeeze that calf.
- Calf raise is a very simple exercise which works your muscles in the back of your calf that is Gastrocnemius, Soleus.
- In order to perform calf raise, you need a step and something to hold on to. Start off with two legs then start with one leg. You can increase the difficulty of calf raise by holding a dumbbell.
- You can also perform calf raise with one leg, which is going to be harder because you will be standing with only one leg which presses your entire body weight.
- Even for more harder, you can catch a dumbbell which stands on your side with all above similar steps.
- While moving your heel up, hold for around 1 or 2 seconds. Perform 2-3 sets with 15-20 repetitions. By the time you perform 15-20 reps, you will have defiantly feel a burn.
- Do slowly no need to rush.
- Do not do the following while performing calf raise
- Jerking & Swinging the body
- Bending knee
- No need to rush, keep the movement slow and control.