Wide Leg Squats
Step 1Step 2
Stand with your feet probably with shoulder width apart and hold a dumbbell right nearer to your chest by keeping your elbows tight to the body. To feel little comfort, you can place your legs little wider and rotate your feet slightly. Squat all the way down by keeping a nice neutral spine, keep your chin top slightly.
Imagine you are sitting back into a chair so lengthen your spine, forward your hips back, slowly starting bending your knees. Finally, exhale to come back to starting position along with vertical top spine.
- Wide leg squat is a lower base exercise which works all the muscles of your lower leg.
- Targeted Muscles:
- Buttocks (gluteus maximus)
- Secondary Muscles:
- Inner Thighs (adductors)
- Hip Flexors
- Whenever you perform wide like squat, make sure your knees should be tracking over the ankles with the nice and neutral position. Keeping your knee in neutral position helps you to perform this exercise comfortably.
- Make sure to perform Wide leg squats in a controlled manner and about 10-15 repetitions.
- For challenge stability, you can hold a heavy dumbbell and bring your leg a little closer and challenge your core muscles by challenging your balance.
- For less challenging stability you can hold less weight dumbbell and bring out your leg wider.
- Do not do hyperextension, try to make your spine neutral.
- Do not jack your head all over the place because it can hurt yourself.