Step 1Step 2Step 3Step 4
Take up the bar, put in the rack position, also the same position on the back by standing with the feet hips apart.
You have to bring your elbows high position making sure that your legs are tight legs are tight, gluts are tight and abs are tight.
Create a nice dip and extension an extension with an edge just like you do in push press exercise but just in this time you have to imagine that you have weight on the bar.
Finally take a deep breath, explode and landing in the squat position and standing into full extending position with the bar extended overhead, Full extension at the elbows and pressing your shoulder towards your ear.
- Helps to prompt strength in your upper body. This is speed movement exercise where power is involved. You should be aggressive while performing Push Jerk. Main muscles targeted:
- Hip Flexors
- Variation of Push Jerk can be Push Jerk behind the Neck. In push Jerk Behind the neck exercise, remember bar will be shitting on the back of your neck along with your elbows should be pulled back. That the bar makes straight line over your head. The only difference in push Jerk behind the Neck is make sure to that your elbows are back and the bar is placed behind the neck rather then head.
- Remember we have to always start with your feet under the hips, nice upright torso and make sure that your legs are tight legs are tight, gluts are tight and abs are tight.
- In upper position, the elbows stay back, stay tight from everywhere from waist down.
- You will be driving yourself under the bar when you press it.
- The common fault in push jerk, is lower body NOT reaching full extension of the hip on the drive.
- Make sure when you land you hear nice big pop with flat feet. Another common fault, when you land is not keeping the feet flat. Your entire weight should be on your flat feet when you land.