Upright Barbell Row
Step 1Step 2
Grasp a barbell with your hands grip, bar should be floating on the top of your thigh. Make sure your back is straight.
Lift the bar in upward direction straight to your chest, keep the bar nearer to your body and nearly touching your chin. Pause for few seconds and slowly take back the bar to the original position.
- Upright Barbell row is one of the most effective exercise for your shoulder and upper traps. Perform nearly 8-15 repetitions of 2-3 sets of the upright row near the upper body workout.
- This exercise can also be perform using dumbbells.
- Take 3 seconds to lift the bar from your thigh to your nipples.
- Utility: Basic
- Mechanics: Compound
- Force type: Pull
- Main muscles targeted: shoulder, Upper and middle back (rhomboids and trapezius)
- Equipment: Barbell
- Level: Beginners
- In some case carry dumbbell will be more useful then carrying barbell.
- Performing this exercise with a straight bar are reserved for the people who are well familiarized with correct execution.
- Do not allow your muscles to relax before performing the next repetition.
- Do not lift the bar more than your height. Recommended to lift the bar up to your cheeks.
- Do not take support from any third party. E.g. like standing support of the wall.