Step 1Step 2
Grab a pair of dumbbells and stand straight with your feet shoulder width apart.
Slowly raise the dumbbells up from both side, raise them until they reaches to the level of your shoulder. And finally lower them slowly to the starting position. That’s is the one repetition.
- Lateral raise helps to isolates and widen your shoulders and gives ‘cannonball’ look to your shoulder.
- Main muscles targeted
- Medial deltoid
- Secondary muscle targeted
- Upper back (upper trapezius)
- You can also perform lateral raise while sitting on bench.
- While performing Lateral raise, you have to concentrate on stretch and muscles contraction. But not on lifting heavy dumbbell.
- Lifting heavy weight does not give you perfect result while doing Lateral raise. Perform Lateral raise slowly and in a controlled manner.
- Align your elbows above your wrists.
- Do not allow your arms to go above your shoulders while moving the weight up.
- Keep your back straight at all the time.