Step 1Step 2
Lie down on the carpet with your lower back flat on the ceiling, your knees should slightly bent. Place your hands behind your head flat on the ceiling.
Lift your head slowly from the mat and turn it on the opposite direction. And once again turn it back to the original position.
- Complete 3 sets with 10-15 repetitions of this exercise. Once you feel that, you are able to complete 10-15 reps with ease, then make increment to the number of reps up to 20-25. In the beginning, you may feel temporary muscle failure.
- If you have a neck problem, then you must perform slowly and carefully. Do not perform this exercise if you have back pain.
- Main muscles targeted:
- Rectus abdominals
- To make this exercise easier, you can decrease the number of reps in each set.
- Side crunches are most effective exercise to create a flat stomach and to strengthen your muscles.
- To make this exercise advance, you can raise your legs slightly in the air and bent it at 90 degrees.
- Keep your eyes on the ceiling while performing this exercise, it will be good for your neck.
- Do not perform this exercise incorrectly, the injury may occur on your back or neck.
- Do not do this exercise continuously, it may spoil your muscle. Always give a day of rest between abdominal workouts.
- Do not perform this exercise rapidly. Keep your body movement balance.