Begin with squat position leaning against a wall with your feet kept out. Align your knees with ankles pushing your weight back into the wall. Make sure that your legs are at 90 degrees. Hold it in this position for around 30 seconds. you can feel a slight burning sensation in that quad area, around the thigh area.
Then just stand up from the squat position. That’s how to do the wall shit.
- Wall shit is an isometric movement and really a great exercise which targets the entire thigh area, your quad, your inner thigh, the back of the leg, the hamstring and the glutes.
- Targeted muscles:
- Quadriceps femoris muscle
- Gluteus maximus muscles
- Recommended repetitions:
- For beginner: 10 reps & 3 sets
- For intermediate 12 reps & 4 sets
- For advance users 20 reps & 4 sets.
- Hold your position for 30 seconds to more minutes.
- Keep your back straight up and down while you are lean back onto the wall.
- If you get tired then you can place your hands on the wall and push up to come up.
- Consult the doctor before starting any workout plan.
- Keep your back straight up and down while you lean back onto the wall.
- In case if you are tired, feel free to place your hands on the wall and push up to come up.